Things are a bit hectic here but I know everyone is wondering what’s up so here’s the short version.
- Drove from White Sulfur Springs, MT to Colorado Springs, CO with only one teensy little defugalty. Hadn’t towed in a while (almost 2 months) and forgot to turn off the key at night. Ended up in northern CO with a dead battery in the car. Got that taken care of at the Longmont Camping World where I stopped to get tire covers.
- Spent a quiet night in the campground, got gas, argued with the bottle of Sta-bil that didn’t want to transfer to the gas tank, moved the RV to the storage lot.
- Unloaded the rest of the stuff out of the RV into daughter’s car, stored my bicycle in the RV, then got the winterization done.
- Went to visit some old friends who stored my rifel & handgun and took possession of the spare set of keys (in case I need something shipped to me) and had a great lunch at a local Chinese restaurant (best Chinese food in years).
- Went to the airport to pick up the rental car (daughter took possession of my old car), found out their lot was off-site, finally got the car, headed to the hotel for a rest before dinner.
- Nice dinner with some other friends, almost closed the restaurant while we chatted (daughter & grandson there as well), headed back to the hotel to find about 30 kids in the lobby registering.
- Woke up realizing that 1) I had forgotten some food in the pantry and 2) the generator never got serviced. Called the RV folks to get the generator done and headed back to the storage lot. Had hoped to meet some friends in Colorado Springs but by the time this was all done it was too close to time to turn in the rental car (2pm deadline).
- Plane took off for Chicago on time, not full so I got to move to an empty seat with no one beside me. Flight attendant gave me the wrong gate, fortunately I checked the monitor. Walked - LONG walk - to the next concourse.
- Half hour late out of Chicago to Baltimore (BWI) and full…cramped flying but finished reading my book. Arrived close to on time, met Stu in the baggage claim.
- Since then it has been a whirlwind of sorting my stuff into his stuff, finding spots for everything, mailing another box of stuff back to my daughter, tossing a few things topped with meeting a TON of family & friends. Been eating out WAY too much. Tonight? Out to meet more friends for dinner….LOL!
- Tomorrow we load everything up and head to Gettysburg. We’ll be meeting up with other retired firefighter friends for a weekend of fun as well as a lunch with some of my motorcycle friends on Sunday. Monday we move to a different park in Gettysburg and relax a bit before heading to Highland NY to meet with my late husband’s youngest daughter & her family (Micki, Eric & the kids - Matthew, Abbi, Zoe & Luke). After that we’ll wander somewhere in eastern PA till the 24th when we get the RV serviced in Pottstown, PA.
- Back to Stevensville where we have another motorcycle friend lunch in Prince Frederick on the 27th, will attend the Renaissance Faire on the 28th (something I’ve never done but always wanted to), do the Red Hats ride in honor of Fallen Firefighters on 10/4 and somewhere in the middle of all that have a homemade pizza night for the family (Stu makes it from scratch….).
I will blog when I can but for a while things will stay pretty hectic…as you can see! Having an absolute blast….LIFE IS GOOD!
Till next time - keep on rollin’,